Job Title: Stores Manager
Reports To: Accounts Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Kwahu – Nkwatia, Eastern Region
Industry: Hospitality / Hotel
Job Purpose: This hands-on position is responsible for the entire hotel store operation managing the order request to the corporate office, receipt, and internal distribution of goods. Strictly following company policies and public health regulations this position contributes to the success of the general Hotel Operation and total guest satisfaction.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the store team and the entire hotel store operation and ensures goods necessary for the Hotel Operation are available in sufficient quantity and quality at all times.
- Generate the order requests to the purchasing department in cooperation with the other department heads.
- Oversee and approves the daily internal distribution of goods in the hotel stores and ensure goods are distributed following the First in First out (FIFO) concept where applicable.
- Communicate potential shortages or excess inventory of goods to department heads and ensures that these variances do not negatively affect guest satisfaction, operational budgets, or stored procedures.
- Address variations of quality and/or quantity of deliveries with the purchasing department and ensures that these variances do not negatively affect guest satisfaction, operational budgets, or stored procedures.
- Enforce strict Public Health practices standards within the hotel stores including but not limited to cleaning and maintenance, temperature recording, store organization, self-inspections, and Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Monitor cost and quality and consistently strive to reduce breakage and wastage. Supervises the hotel stores team to follow proper procedures when disposing of garbage
- Monitor maintenance requests for non-functional equipment and any other topics affecting the hotel stores operation and ensure are resolved in an acceptable timeframe and communicate delays to his supervisor and the department head responsible to resolve the problems
- Execute physical inventories and inventory spot checks with the hotel stores team and in cooperation with the Accounts Manager as per inventory schedule
- Ensure the accurate performance of inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs and also carry out physical stock audits on a regular basis.
- Develop inventory and stock records, as well as compile records of expenditures/consumptions periodically.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent organizational and planning skills: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first, and effectively manage resources.
- Effective supervisory and leadership skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel / Word) and experience with Materials Control Systems
- Capable of operating inventory and property management systems in the capacity of a power user.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Experience
- Degree in Purchasing & Supply or in a related field
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Public Health rules and regulations related to Ghana and Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Basic understanding of inventory and cost control practices
- Ability to work independently, prioritize based on urgency, and work through high volume and stressful time periods
- Must be flexible and can work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment. Innovative and open-minded.
- Superior knowledge and experience of storeroom operation and procedures, as well as the handling of perishable goods