JOB TITLE: Sous Chef
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
REPORT TO: Executive Sous Chef
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
The Sous Chef will be expected to assist the Executive Sous Chef in managing daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, assisting with menu preparation, ensuring food quality, safety, hygiene and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking of kitchen supplies. You will be expected to lead the team to consistent produce quality meals by following designated recipes and processes.
- Lead kitchen team in the absence of the Executive Sous Chef.
- Attends regular problem solving and operational meetings with Executive Sous Chef to ensure smooth running of the department, with the aim of maintaining Rock City Hotel’s standards and exceeding client’s expectations.
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation and presentation.
- Work with Executive Sous Chef to maintain hygiene, health and safety in the kitchen at all times; kitchen organization and staff work scheduling.
- Ensure that kitchen staff are always in clean tidy uniforms and are presentable at all times and especially when serving guests during buffets.
- Takes personal interest in staff welfare to ensure the team remains highly motivated and performs at its best under operational conditions.
- Assist in hiring and training of new kitchen employees in accordance to Rock City Hotel’s standards.
- Oversee and organize kitchen stock, supplies and preparation of ingredients.
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated, organized and stored for quality assurance.
- Always verify that food storage units meet Rock City Hotel’s standards and are consistently well-managed and monitored.
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
- Manage food and product by keeping detailed records and ensuring minimal waste, plus reviewing and improving existing systems and processes to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing.
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safely and correctly and that it is cleaned and well maintained.
- Assists head chef with menu creation and design.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Gastronomic education certificate, degree or equivalent (diploma /BA /Bsc).
- HACCP certification.
- Minimum 5 years plus working with a 4 or 5 start Hotel facility.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of culinary.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Staff Accommodation (unfurnished)
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Paid leave and sick days
- Profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Email: CV & Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th November, 2021