JOB TITLE: Room Supervisor
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
REPORT TO: Head of Rooms
INDUSTRY: Hospitality / Hotel
The job holder will lead the team of room attendants and ensure we provide excellent customer service. The responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training and motivating team members and checking private and public areas for tidiness. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and team management abilities. Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly for guests’ satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign workers their duties and inspect work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and take corrective action.
- Obtain list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Coordinate work activities among departments.
- Conduct orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements.
- Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Prepares reports concerning room occupancy and department expenses.
- Selects and purchases new furnishings.
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
- Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints.
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers.
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
- Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports.
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required.
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas.
- Supervise, delegate and monitor everyday housekeeping tasks across the entire hotel.
Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or Professional certificate in a related field.Education:
Required Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience.
- Work experience as a Rooms Supervisor and in five (5) star Hotel.
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations.
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products.
- Excellent organizational and team management skills.
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job.
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Staff Accommodation (unfurnished)
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Paid leave and sick days
- Profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Email: CV & Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th November,2021