JOB TITLE: Public Area Manager
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
REPORT TO: Executive Housekeeper
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
The Public Area Manager will be responsible for the cleanliness of the hotel public areas including hotel exteriors. The position holder will be in charge of supervising cleaning activities of areas including but not limited to lobby, restaurants, lounges, executive offices, pool area, public washrooms, garden areas, corridors, pathways, banquet rooms, conference rooms and staircases among others.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Supervise the day-to-day cleaning of hotel public areas.
- Perform routine inspections of all public areas, service areas and storerooms.
- Schedule and supervise regular deep cleaning of public areas and any other public area cleaning projects.
- Supervise and coordinate pest control, maintenance of flower beds, plants, gardens and green grass.
- Maintain complete knowledge of accurate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of staff for assigned work areas.
- Supervise the cleaning of public areas in emergency situations, before and immediately after events and functions.
- Efficiently manage stock control of departmental items, products and equipment, report all maintenance defects and follow up with the maintenance team on these defects.
- Report all lost and found items immediately to the Front Desk.
- Inform Management about any damage, theft or loss of hotel property.
- Answer inquiries on all public area issues and ensure guest satisfaction at all times.
- Manage and train public area attendants and other team members to ensure performance meets standards required.
- Provide feedback on staff performance and report disciplinary problems to Executive Housekeeper.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Management.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be a clear communicator.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Staff Accommodation (unfurnished)
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Paid leave and sick days
- Profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
- Must have a Degree in Hospitality Management or any related role.
- A certificate in Hospitality will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Email: CV & Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th October, 2021.