Job Title: Public Area Manager
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Kwahu – Nkwatia, Eastern Region
Industry: Hospitality / Hotel
Responsible for organizing, directing, and leading the Public Area team in executing the day-to-day public areas activities towards achieving the operational objectives of the hotel.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor all public areas ensuring spaces are well maintained and cleaned effectively.
- Tour the hotel daily to ensure a clean, safe and pleasing environment for all Guests and Team Members
- Monitor work and rest hours of the Public Area team and implement work schedules in line with operational demand.
- Ensure all tasks are performed on time and according to safety standards.
- Monitor and control consumption and wastage of equipment and cleaning supplies
- Keep all cleaning equipment well maintained and report any defects to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Ensure that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job
- Develop and put into operation systems and technical advancement in the field of public area operations.
- Efficiently manage stock control and the maintenance of all equipment.
- Manage and train Public Area Attendants and other team members to ensure their performance meets the standards required.
- Set standards of performance to be followed by the team regarding cleaning and chemical usage procedures.
- Evaluate reporting employee’s performance, give realistic goals to be met based on their capabilities and provide feedback and recommend actions
- Partake in inspections, training, and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Provide other duties and services as assigned by the Executive housekeeper.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel / Hospitality Management
- At least 5 years of proven work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor in a 3, 4, or 5-star hotel.
- Ability to delegate tasks, direct and manage subordinates.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Team spirit with the flexibility to work on shifts, night hours, holidays, etc.