Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Reports To: Head of Maintenance
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Kwahu – Nkwatia, Eastern Region
Industry: Hospitality / Hotel
To coordinate and supervise maintenance and repairs activities within the hotel including, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), carpentry, painting, and other equipment and building systems.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the maintenance department.
- Prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
- Evaluate systems or facilities to determine maintenance or repairs works that needs to be performed.
- Assess building systems to plan work assignments and project schedules.
- Develop maintenance procedures, schedules and oversee the work of maintenance staff.
- Ensure maintenance and repair works are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Organize and oversee the schedules and work of maintenance staff.
- Conduct preventative maintenance work.
- Conduct follow-ups on all maintenance and repair works.
- Conduct safety inspections as scheduled.
- Assist with departmental budget estimates and costs of specific repair projects.
- Set standards of performance to be followed by the crew regarding procedures.
- Maintain all inventory and equipment and ensure proper storage.
- Assist to evaluate reporting employee’s performance, give realistic goals to be met based on their capabilities, participate in appraisal process, provide feedbacks and recommend personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, and dismissals, whilst ensuring discipline among staff
- Perform other related duties as maybe assigned.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- HND or degree in Facility Management / Engineering from a recognize institution.
- At least 4 years of proven work experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in a 3, 4 or 5-star hotel.
- Must be physically able to perform repairs when needed.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds of materials and objects at a time.
- Strong knowledge of building trades, cleaning procedures and maintenance issues.
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations and practices.
- Ability to stand and move on feet for long periods of time
- Team spirit with flexibility to work on shifts, night hours, holidays, etc.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.