JOB TITLE: Laundry Supervisor
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
REPORT TO: Head of Rooms.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
INDUSTRY: Hospitality / Hotel.
The job holder will be responsible for managing overall daily operations of the Laundry Room with the aim to deliver excellent guest experience. You will also be required to ensure quality controls and manage customer inquiries. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure the pick-up of guest clothes and in-house items are in accordance with the hotel requirements and ensure the items are not damaged, lost or stolen.
- Supervise the counting and sorting of items lodged for laundering.
- Supervise the assessment and removal of stains on items.
- Identify appropriate cleaning methods, tools and detergents for items to be washed or cleaned.
- Ensure clients clothes and hotel linen are professionally washed, ironed and ready for use on time.
- Operate equipment to achieve intended cleaning results.
- Perform post-cleaning laundry activities.
- Check results of laundered items and take appropriate additional action, if required.
- Process internal records and billing instructions.
- Deliver guest clothes to guests in accordance with the required standards.
- Deliver in-house items to departments in accordance with the hotel requirements.
- Produce necessary internal laundry reports.
- Ensure quality controls are in place for all laundry processes.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the laundry area and report to Management if any items have been damaged, stolen or malfunctioning.
- Ensure Laundry supplies are ordered and controlled.
- Ensure proper procedure is followed when discarding laundry items.
- Ensure proper loading and unloading of dryers, and also setting proper temperature for different items that require drying.
- Ensure team members adhere to all Health and Safety regulations.
- Schedule regular preventive maintenance of laundry equipment and co-ordinate with the maintenance department on any maintenance issues.
- Assist in standardizing the method in which laundry tasks are performed.
- Make recommendations to the Executive Housekeeper on how laundry services can be continuously improved.
- Ensure staff work schedule is developed to meet business needs or demands.
- Ensure assigned tasks are delivered in a professional manner.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Good command of written and spoken English, communication skills, strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Must have previous supervisory experience withing the Housekeeping Department of a hotel.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in laundry operations in 5 star or full-service hotels or any other large scale laundry service operation.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in using MS office, inventory management software and Hotel Management systems.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Staff Accommodation (unfurnished)
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Paid leave and sick days
- Profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
- Must have an HND / Degree training in Hospitality.
- A certificate in Hospitality will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Email: CV & Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th September, 2021