Job Title: Laundry Manager
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Kwahu – Nkwatia, Eastern Region
Industry: Hospitality / Hotel
Responsible for managing the day-to-day laundry operations towards achieving the operational objectives through washing, drying, and folding the hotel linens and other textile items to deliver an excellent Guest experience while managing stock ordering and supplier relationships. Additionally, you will be responsible for upkeeping training, performance evaluations, scheduling, and supervising the personnel within the department.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop operating systems and implement technological advancements in the field of laundry operations and align to our internal operations.
- Develop and implement a washing formula for the varied linens the Hotel possesses.
- Ensure compliance with loading, chemical application, washing of linen and uniform, ironing, and packing as per standard.
- Ensure compliance with the maintenance and upkeep of all laundry equipment.
- Schedule preventative maintenance of laundry equipment and coordinate with the engineering department for any maintenance issues.
- Prepare annual laundry budget.
- Develop new methods for increasing laundry efficiency.
- Coordinate with the maintenance team for outstanding repairs of machinery.
- Train and ensure seamless coordination with supporting departments.
- Record and monitor laundry costs and prepare reports and provide recommendations when required.
- Oversee the laundry equipment preventive maintenance program.
- Approve distribution of linen to guestrooms and food and beverage department areas.
- Approve the Laundry staff duty roster.
- Liaise with HR Department on staffing requirements.
- Conduct weekly departmental meetings with supervisors.
- Ensure linen and laundry supplies are ordered and controlled in line with business and events.
- Ensure reporting staff adheres to standards operating procedures, regarding proper loading and unloading of dryers, and also setting the proper temperature for different items that require drying
- Manage the operations and distribution of the linen, the recording of floor lined distribution and F&B linen returns whilst ensuring compliance with hotel policies, standards, and satisfaction of internal and external guests.
- Recommend equipment, linen, and chemical purchasing needs to Department Head in budget
- Conduct annual inventory of all linen and a monthly F&B and room linen inventory. Maintain par stock level in order to respond to operational needs.
- Set standards of performance to be followed by the crew regarding dry cleaning and laundry procedures.
- Evaluate reporting employee’s performance, give realistic goals to be met based on their capabilities and provide feedback and recommend actions
- Provide other duties and services as assigned by the Executive housekeeper.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- A Diploma or Degree in Hotel / Hospitality Management
- At least 5 years of proven work experience as a Laundry Supervisor in a 3, 4 or 5-star hotel.
- Knowledge of dry-cleaning equipment and various laundry techniques.
- Team spirit with flexibility to work on shifts, night hours, holidays, etc.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.