JOB TITLE: IT Manager
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
REPORTING TO: General Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
INDUSTRY: Hospitality/ Hotel
The IT Manager will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day support of all IT systems, business systems, office systems, computer networks, and telephony systems throughout the hotel. Additionally responsible for Information Technology issues, products, and services at the property. Provides user training and support of all property/site systems, network enhancements, hardware and software support. Also maintains inventory of all hardware products and software licenses, and reviews maintenance agreements.
- Responsible for smooth functioning and co-ordination of vendors for Guest Internet, Property Management Systems – PMS, Point of Sale – POS, IPTV, Telephony systems and other software vendors.
- Responsible for overseeing and handling network configuration, servers, workstations, Networking equipment, IPBX, email accounts, and also support for the underlying server/desktop infrastructure.
- Manage IT Team, assign and supervise duties, evaluate reports submitted by team members.
- Develop and implement protocols on network fundamentals, general network setup and device configuration.
- Develop and implement usage of system level profiling tools and network monitoring systems to aid in application performance profiling.
- Regularly update our active directory and drive its usage, management and implementation in the Hotel
- Prepare & Implement preventive maintenance schedule for all IT hardware & software.
- Manage leadership in the establishment of project scope, technical strategy, cost, budget and staff support requirements for new IT initiatives.
- Prepare Policies & Procedures for the IT Department and for IT Resources in user departments.
- Managing Disaster Recovery Process and ensuring regular daily backup is taken.
- Identify and implement solutions to user challenges and concerns associated with the use of IT equipment.
- Ensure that policies and procedure relating to PCI compliance are updated.
- Maintains a Help desk with system error/progress logs to deal with reported problems.
- Responsible for ensuring that IT Audit points are implemented as per relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitors and maintains proper inventory of hardware and software license.
- Submit Regular reports on status of IT in the establishment.
- Keep updated with latest hotel technology and security risks on a regular basis.
- Able to perform other IT or Systems related task assigned by the management.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salaries and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events, and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities, etc
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology related field.
- Must possess Recognized Industry certifications (Microsoft/Cisco or equivalents)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science will be an advantage
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Hospitality, Operations, and IT support roles.
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory / managerial experience.
- Applicable Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, MCDST for workstations.
- Must be flexible with working hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Skilled in these hospitality related applications and/or systems (Opera PMS, Oracle Micros Simphony, Key Card Systems, IPBX, IPTV, Sage, Microsoft Office, Booking Engines and Channel Managers).
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Strong leadership skills – able to manage and motivate the team.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 16th May 2023