JOB TITLE: Internal Auditor
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
REPORT TO: Board of Directors/General Manager
INDUSTRY: Hospitality / Hotel
We looking to hire an Internal Auditor with a strong auditing, accounting and financial background. The right candidate will be expected to provide the Hotel with guidance on financial accuracy, internal controls and regulatory compliance across all departments. He /she will scrutinise, investigate and question all the Hotel’s expenditure, identify and report risks and recommend standards, structures and controls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly conduct audits of all departments in the Hotel.
- Communicating the findings of an audit via written reports and oral presentations.
- Making recommendations to improve and strengthen internal controls.
- Analysing the Hotel’s departmental financial data daily and evaluating information and systems.
- Leading the Accounts department and internal audit team in developing annual Internal Audit Plan
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit standards.
- Manage resources and audit assignments.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls, polices, procedures and standards of the Hotel.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practices.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified, suspected or reported risks.
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to the Board of Directors and m
- Overall supervision of planned monthly, quarterly and annual audits.
- Training junior staff and supervising interns.
- Representing teams/management during audit meetings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A professional certification and a member of a recognized professional body (CIA, ACCA, ICAG, CIMA, CPA) is mandatory.
Required Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years proven experience in a similar role.
- Proven teamwork and problem-solving abilities.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Able to pay attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Possess a high level of professionalism, integrity and truthfulness in all dealings.
- Possession of sound independent judgment.
- Possess strong knowledge of auditing standards, procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Possess advanced skills in computer applications, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other accounting software.
- Ability to test for audit findings and write audit reports professionally.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Staff Accommodation (unfurnished)
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Paid leave and sick days
- Profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Email: CV & Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org