JOB TITLE: Human Resources & Administrative Manager
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
REPORT TO: General Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Fixed Term (Renewable)
LIASING WITH: ALL Heads of Departments
- Ensure that all HR strategies, systems and processes within all departments are effectively and efficiently managed to support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Generally, carry out directives and decisions of Ag. General Manager /Management of the Hotel.
- Provide guidance to the business and manage all HR interventions and programs (ie recruitment, HR planning, Employee Relations and Performance Management and other change management interventions) across all departments.
- Communicate and interpret all policy changes to all Heads of Departments.
Human Resources Management
- Communicate and provide input to the review of HR policies.
- Communicate policy changes as they occur.
- Assist in the development of HR plans and budgets and oversee its administration
- Manage all change programs and other HR related projects.
- Manage all HR planning tasks within the various operating departments.
- Administer internal manpower movements and separations. Maintain all Hotel staff list and organization charts on current basis, ensuring that all updates reflect changes effected in the organizations.
- Assess the need for recruitment of staff and resource allocations in respective operating departments & companies.
- Oversee and manage succession and retention plan for the respective operating departments.
- Administer the selection process efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Guide Managers to deliver a robust performance management process.
- Ensure the process is delivered against the annual performance cycle.
Benefits and Compensation/HR Services
- Interpret and assist in the maintenance of the company’s Benefits and Compensation. policies and guidelines across all organizations.
- Direct and ensure that employee services are administered promptly and to the highest level of customer service.
- Direct and manage all Employee Relation functions (i.e., employee consultation and employee communication to foster a harmonious relationship between management and staff of the Hotel.
- Ensure regular surveys are administered to employees to measure employee engagement and appropriate action plans are in place to manage issues that are raised in the surveys.
- Provides monthly reports on key HR programs and functions.
- Reports on HR standards and best practices.
- Acts as HR quality controller and maintain HR standards and best practice within the Hotel.
- Ensures effective and timely resolution and management of employee related issues and concerns.
- Communicate with staff to give advice and guidance on HR related queries/issues.
Talent Management and Development
- Communicates the agreed talent framework to the relevant businesses.
- Leads the identification of talented individuals and inputs into the succession planning process.
- Ensures identified talent have clear development plans in place and retention plans are in place where appropriate.
- Working closely with various organizations, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization;
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
- Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Preparing staff handbooks;
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- Undertaking regular salary reviews;
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
- Interpreting and advising on employment law;
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Planning, and sometimes delivering, training – including inductions for new staff;
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers/company
- Any other task as may be directed by Assistant General Manager & Business Developer/Management.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or Other HR Executive.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Ability to develop strategies along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the Hotel.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Minimum of MBA / Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology or any related field.
- Must have minimum of 7 -10years’ working experience.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Company vehicle
- Staff Accommodation (unfurnished)
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Paid leave and sick days
- Profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Email: CV & Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th October, 2021