JOB TITLE: Hotel Operations Manager
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
REPORTING TO: General Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
INDUSTRY: Hospitality/ Hotel
Position holder is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and works directly to support the General Manager in the management of the Hotel.
- Assist the General Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Hotel.
- Monitor the Guest feedback on Trip Advisor, OTA’s, and social media platforms and act as the hotel public relations personnel and promotes the hotel
- Receives and resolves or assists the Duty Manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Adheres to and ensures full compliance with Hotel operating controls, SOPs, policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Ensures the objectives and goals of Rock City Hotel and property owners work together to achieve good brand positioning and success.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations, and delivering solid business results.
- Assist GMin key property issues including capital projects, customer service, and refurbishment.
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant, and work areas are maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HODs, and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfillment of special event needs.
- Cover shifts in all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide a status report to GM.
- Audits on par stock in all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags and upholds property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely, and accurate communications flow with regard to hotel policies and procedures.
- Assist the GM in all aspects of business planning.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities, etc
- Must have a university degree or diploma in hotel management or a related field; a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and/or international experience, and at least 3 to 4 years of experience as an Operations Manager in a hotel.
- Experience in opening, managing, or re-positioning a hotel with a good track record.
HOW TO APPLY
Email: CV & Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 8th November, 2022