JOB TITLE: Horticulturist
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
REPORT TO: Head, Maintenance
INDUSTRY: Hospitality / Hotel
The Horticulturist will be responsible for the general maintenance of the gardens, plants and lawns at the Hotel. The successful candidate will also be expected to ensure that the lawns, gardens and plants are always looking healthy and beautiful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for plant, flora and grass cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, seed sowing, bed preparation and planting.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the various designs and layouts of the garden and landscaping.
- Maintain lawn and grass areas using machinery and required natural chemicals.
- Keep gardens and green spaces clear of debris and litter.
- Prune trees and hedges in ways that help the plants’ health.
- Work in compliance with Health and Safety.
- Ensure all equipment are stored securely and clean after use.
- Deal with pest problems that could damage plants.
- Must have a minimum of diploma /certificate in horticulture.
Required Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience as a gardener or horticulturist and sound knowledge and use of horticultural machinery.
- Must be familiar with landscaping design.
- Must have knowledge of local pests and how to eliminate them.
- Knowledge of stat health and safety regulations for landscaping.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects.
- Must be able to follow maintenance schedule.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Staff Accommodation (unfurnished)
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Paid leave and sick days
- Profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Email: CV & Application to: email@example.com
Deadline: 30th September,2021.