JOB TITLE: Repairs & Maintenance Manager
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
INDUSTRY: Hospitality/ Hotel
The position holder is responsible for all maintenance operations, ensuring that the physical condition of the property is maintained according to hotel operating and safety and optimum guest standards
- Plans and maintains maintenance unit staffing levels so as to provide for optimal performance
- Establishes daily work assignments, and directs the flow of same to completion
- Reviews all completed work orders, and inspect completed work as needed to ensure accuracy and quality
- Assists all department heads in handling any unusual maintenance-related guest complaints
- Develop and plan preventive maintenance schedules within the hotel on all equipment, rooms, facilities, kitchen, etc
- Ensures completion to the standard of all required preventive maintenance operations
- Assists direct reports in the diagnosis of problems related to equipment malfunction
- Coordinate all training programs for unit personnel
- Provides supervision/support to all maintenance unit staff on a daily basis
- Ensures maintenance shop adherence to cleanliness and safety standards
- Maintains storeroom and maintenance shop inventories
- Attends all required hotel meetings to proactively respond to in-house activities/conferences and events; maintain communications with other departments within the hotel
- Assist Management in monitoring energy consumption, maintaining equipment, and supplying inventories
- Assists the Housekeeping Department in communicating Maintenance Request needs to direct reports as needed
- Assists Management in the preparation of the disability act compliance checklist
- Works with Security Department with regard to all repairs and maintenance of electronic/hard key locking systems to ensure the secure nature of all materials, supplies, and information
- Performs periodic inspections of all property assets to ensure maintenance to standard
- Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels, and disciplines departmental personnel.
- Follows New Hire Training in accordance with hotel policy
- Develops with Management all departmental budgets, forecasts, and schedules
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salaries and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events, and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities, etc
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering will be required.
- Vocational training with a concentration on HVAC design or refrigeration and maintenance will be an added advantage.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Plus 5 years of experience in the hospitality industry, and at least 3 to 4 years of experience as a supervisor/manager in a luxury hotel.
- Working knowledge of Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Refrigeration, and Energy Management operating systems
- Working Knowledge of OSHA regulations, equipment operation, and maintenance, and record-keeping systems.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, kindly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position in the subject line before 21st August 2023.