Job Title: Front Office Manager
Reports To: Sales & Marketing Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Kwahu – Nkwatia, Eastern Region
Industry: Hospitality / Hotel
Responsible for organizing, directing, and leading the Front (Desk) Office to provide the most professional and effective operations of the front office department including check-in, check out, reservations, concierge, cashiering and night audit process in achieving excellent service to guests.
- Oversee the overall operations of the Front Office.
- Ensure visitors and guests have a heartwarming welcome.
- Ensure the Front Office area is always in the best condition and the right atmosphere.
- Manage the departmental staff work (shift) schedules (rota).
- Supervise, train, and support departmental staff as often as needed to meet the standards of the Hotel.
- Develop SOPs to ensure consistency in service delivery and addressing arising matters within the unit.
- Compile and report a summary of guest grievances, suggestions, contributions, and complaints to the Hotel.
- Manage and maintain the guest check-in and check-out system.
- Monitor and manage stock of office supplies for the Front Office.
- Submit monthly reports on departmental operations, issues, and suggestions.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Ensure the Hotel’s policies and security requirements are met.
- Liaise with the Head of Rooms and/or Executive Housekeeper to manage the welcome and goodbye letter system for guests.
- Liaise with the Executive Housekeeper on the update of room occupancy reconciliation report.
- Performs any other allied duties from time to time.
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork and Leadership skills
- Customer Service skills
- Computer skills (basic)
- Financial skills (basic)
- Organization skills
- Problem-solving or Troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility to work on shifts, weekends, night hours and holidays.
- High sense of initiative.
- Degree or Equivalent in required field.
- At least 5 years of proven work experience as Front Office Manager in a 3, 4 or 5-star hotel required.