JOB TITLE: Food & Beverage Manager
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
REPORTING TO: General Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
INDUSTRY: Hospitality/ Hotel
The Food and Beverage Manager primarily is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Food and Beverage outlets, banquet facilities, restaurants, and nightclub, ensuring that hotel service standards are met and guest expectations are exceeded at the same time assuring the profitability of all units under Food and Beverage department.
- Implement all company minimum brand standards and also ensure optional brand standards are implemented where appropriate.
- Monitor all operations, especially during peak business periods, and work through the respective leads to make adjustments where necessary.
- Must ensure that all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- Taste and monitor the foods and beverages served throughout the operations, providing feedback where appropriate.
- Coordinates with the Exec. Chef for the preparation, presentation, and service of Food and Beverage products to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- Spend time in public areas observing employee-guest interaction and talking with guests, working through Heads of Department to coach employees in guest service skills as necessary.
- Handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Strategically analyze business performance to facilitate accurate and meaningful forecasting, involving the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
- Proactively manage costs based on key performance indicators, working through the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
- Ensure that all company rules, policies, and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling, and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Monitor, analyze, and control all labour and inventory costs. This includes preparing the appropriate reports, charts, and schedules to ensure that budgets are met or exceeded while quality is maintained and improved.
- Ensure the protection of clients by training staff and enforcing adherence to all safety, sanitation, food preparation & storage, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Maintains a consistent focus on cleanliness throughout all areas.
- Maximize the effectiveness of supervisors by developing skills and competencies through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- Ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
- Hire, train and manage, supervise, develop, discipline, and counsel all food and beverage team members according to company policies and procedures.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salaries and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events, and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities, etc
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent with a focus in hospitality
- European training/experience is a PLUS
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of working experience as a Food & Beverage Manager or in a similar role with leadership experience in a luxury hotel environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the food industry.
- Strong working knowledge of related software including restaurant management software.
HOW TO APPLY
Email: CV/Resume to email@example.com
Deadline: 28th February 2023