JOB TITLE: Executive Housekeeper
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
REPORTING TO: General Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
INDUSTRY: Hospitality/ Hotel
The Executive Housekeeper (EHK) is primarily to managing his/her team with the focus of maintaining the highest of standards of upkeep, hygiene and cleanliness of the Hotel, including all the guest rooms, public area, laundry, food and beverage outlets, conference and banquet facilities. He/she closely monitors all processes ensuring high level of housekeeping services provided to the guest is timely and defect free.
- Lead the Housekeeping Department by developing and implementing departmental objectives in line with the hotel business objectives. ·
- Supervise housekeeping operations such as cleaning and maintenance whilst ensuring compliance with all housekeeping policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of guests’ needs.
- Inspect all areas and take corrective measures in order to meet Rock City sstandards’ in terms of quality, cleanliness, maintenance and supply.
- Develop, implement and continually review the policies, procedures, practices and standards.
- Select, train, develop, schedule and manage the performance of direct and indirect subordinates to ensure the efficient running of housekeeping operations
- Manage linen inventory and guest supplies and the ordering of supplies as necessary to meet quality standards and hotel business needs.
- Coordinate housekeeping duties with various departments such as Front Desk, Maintenance, Sales and Marketing and Food & Beverage to ensure that all guest rooms and public areas are clean and well maintained in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in all refurbish and renovation projects planning, execution and final set up including snag lists.
- Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Operate within the established labor standards.
- Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department. Supervise the operation of linen, uniform, supply and storage rooms. Place linen, uniform, and supply orders as needed. Install inventory controls for uniforms, linens and supplies to be monitored by issuance procedures and purchasing
- Coordinate and review contracts, including plants rental, Window cleaning contracts, Night cleaning contract, marble manganese contract, pest management contract, Room cleaning contract, flowers and decoration contract, and ensure compliance by both parties.
- Participate in the planning of hotel decoration for special functions and festive seasons and organize the necessary actions.
- Manage the performance of the flower shop and valet shop to meet high quality standards and business results where applicable.
- Keep abreast of all new equipment and cleaning products and evaluate their quality, maintain knowledge of local competition and housekeeping industry trends.
- Perform all other related duties as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma from accredited college or university with emphasis in hospitality management, public or business administration, or other related fields.
- A minimum of 10 years working experience 4 or 5-star luxury hotel.
- 5 years or more working experience in an Executive Housekeeper position or a similar role.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remain composed and courteous at all times
- Proficiency in the use of Opera or similar Hotel Management Systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent administration and organizational skills
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Must have conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Must possess a well-defined sense of diplomacy
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, kindly send your application to email@example.com stating the position in the subject line before 21st August 2023.