JOB TITLE: Conference Manager
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
REPORT TO: Sales & Marketing Manager.
INDUSTRY: Hospitality / Hotel
The job holder is responsible for the planning, organisation and promotion of a range of events and conferences hosted by the Hotel.
Under the direction of Management, and working with colleagues across the various departments, the job holder will be responsible for the successful delivery of individual events or conferences which contribute to enhancing the Hotel’s reputation and raising the Hotel’s profile among target markets and audiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan events in conjunction with the client.
- Present and sell available and suitable banquet / events options to the highest possible standard.
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events.
- Negotiate space, dates and rates to obtain booking goal.
- Identify need periods and undertake comprehensive program of sales activity to secure new and adhoc business minimizing the impact of low activity periods.
- Assist in development and solicitation of banquet and event package plans and aimed at conference business and encourage repeat business.
- Actively manage business bookings, record denials, make network referrals.
- Make commercial decisions to maximize revenue on a daily basis.
- Encourage repeat business through excellent customer service and inquiry handling.
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs.
- Ensure online meeting partner websites are regularly updated and managed including photos, descriptions, and promotions.
- Ensure all inquiries are recorded accurately in the Event Enquiry application.
- Bring in direct guests through online marketing and advertising.
- Help the hotel to identify new avenues of business and bring in more banquet events to the hotel.
- Assist in the preparation of monitoring sales department and budgetary reports.
- Other duties and tasks assigned by the management within the job scope.
- Must have a minimum of Master’s Degree in Marketing or any related field required.
Required Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills, and negotiation skills
- A high level of organizational, planning and the ability to think on your feet and make quick decision.
- Budgeting experience, accountancy skills, IT skills and a general financial awareness.
- Team working skills, including the ability to manage, delegate and lead a team.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Staff Accommodation (unfurnished)
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Paid leave and sick days
- Profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Email: CV & Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19th December,2021