Job Title: Accounts Manager
Reports To: The General Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Kwahu – Nkwatia, Eastern Region
Industry: Hospitality / Hotel
Job Purpose: The Accounts Manager will be primarily responsible for assisting with the supervision and coordination of the accounting operations in the hotel. Compiles, reviews, reconciles, prepares and analyze entries to facilitate the bookkeeping function. Assist with the process of financial statements and other reports to ensure accurate and timely information.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with executives and business heads to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit.
- Provide direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, best accounting/financial reporting practices, internal controls, labour management, payroll, etc.
- Ensure that all statutory details (VAT, TAX NO, Company Registration Etc.) are displayed on the guest invoices and bills.
- Review all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- Verify recorded transactions and reporting irregularities to management.
- Review financial reports in accordance with reporting calendars and ensure that all reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- Prepare all other financial reports and analyses and perform other general and administrative functions as may be required.
- Establish and modify documents and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Compile, prepare, back-up and analyze period-end data on the Hotel costs and inventories to provide information and recommendations to management on current procedures and controls and also assist with the preparation of cost potentials as required.
- Investigate, resolve, respond to guest needs, inquires, comments and/or problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Prepare, review and reconcile daily postings, accruals, various general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure accurate financial information is available.
- Support the General Manager in achieving financial goals by direct preparation of monthly and annual reports, summarize and forecast hotel revenues, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Work with external auditors and third-parties.
- Assist in the development and implementation of benchmarking techniques that will enable the Hotel to enhance revenues while improving productivity and cost efficiencies.
- Assist in identifying and implementing best practices throughout the hotel that will serve to enhance revenues, guest service and improve cost and productivity efficiencies.
- Ability to perform critical analysis and manage wide-range of information.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first, and effectively manage resources.
- Performance management, supervisory:
- Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
- Strong leadership skills to manage and motivate the team
- Excellent financial awareness
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word) and experience with PMS like Opera
Qualifications, Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- A Chartered Accountant with minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a related or management position. Hotel experience preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the hospitality profession