JOB TITLE: Cost & Inventory Controller
JOB LOCATION: Nkwatia, Kwahu
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
REPORT TO: Accountant
We are seeking for a meticulous and diligent cost and inventory controller to join our Accounts Department. The right candidate will be required to manage inventory using the various relevant Hotel’s managements systems at Rock City Hotel. You will coordinate orders and deliveries, perform inventory audits and analyses and maintain adequate and consistent levels of stock to meet daily distribution demands while minimizing excess supply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Effectively control costs across all departments within the Hotel.
- Control all outlets in terms of wastage, pilferage and efficiency.
- Prepare variance analysis of all departmental cost and share reports with relevant parties.
- Update and maintain receipts into the hotel’s management systems.
- Check and verify all voids, discounts, lost postings and complimentary sales in the POS
- Check and verify all settlements done on the POS system.
- Check and verify the menu pricing on the POS systems and ensure the correct prices are loaded.
- Check the cost of sales in all F&B outlets and ensure that the costs are within budget.
- Check the restaurant and bars on a daily basis.
- Check the complimentary and confirm that all were approved.
- Perform surprise spot checks at all F&B outlets.
- Daily Import of Hotel Management Systems (Sage, Micros Sales to Materials Control system) etc.
- Participate in stock taking at the restaurants.
- Spot check on the receiving department to ensure that the scales are correct and goods are checked for quality.
- Update selling prices in POS as per the instruction from authorized persons.
- Maintain the security of the information held by the department.
- Monitoring regular inventory levels and replenishing stock as needed.
- Developing and implementing inventory control systems and practices to maximize efficiency and cut operations cost.
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors and suppliers to ensure the quality of stock purchases.
- Coordinating the logistics of purchase orders, stock transfers, deliveries, tagging, and processing.
- Forecasting supply and demand requirements to ensure stock availability.
- Tracking inbound and outbound orders to prevent overstocking and out-of-stock (OOS).
- Analysing and reviewing supply chain data to identify and resolve issues.
- Generating purchase and pricing reports, supply chain analysis, and inventory management systems.
- Maintain updated and accurate records of inventory, including transfers and cycle counts
- Review documentation and monitor product codes to search for discrepancies; troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between stock and records
- Review operations schedules and production requirements to ensure timely order fulfillment
- Track rates of accuracy, purchase and return as well as defective items to inform quality control decisions.
- Prepare, generate, and file financial inventory reports; review reports weekly, monthly and quarterly with management.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
- Must have a minimum of a degree in accounting, finance, business or similar.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge Hotel inventory management software such as Sage.
- Good analytical and logistical thinking abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional collaboration and negotiation abilities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Experience in reporting, forecasting and budgeting
- Ability to receive, stock, and deliver goods.
- Clerical, word processing, and office skills.
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events and family fun destination in Africa.
Our benefits include:
- Staff Accommodation (unfurnished)
- Provident Fund
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Paid leave and sick days
- Profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Email: CV & Application to: email@example.com